Course & Classroom Expectations
1. Respect: yourself, others, learning, property, school, and instructional time!
2. Come prepared with all materials (pencil/pen, interactive notebook, etc.)
3. Be accountable for your actions.
4. Intend to learn something new.
5. Set goals & work towards them.
6. Ask for help when you need it.
My spectacular students in the Class of 2018 have agreed to work towards meeting these expectations!
September dates to remember:
September 15 – October 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
September 19: Curriculum Night begins at 6PM @ A.R.M.S !
September 24: Mid-Quarter Progress Reports
Tutoring: Please ask me for a permission slip and have it completed/signed before attending!
Ms. Barton’s tutoring:
Thursdays from 3:30 – 4:30 by appointment
- Students are to come to class PREPARED…with all necessary materials
- Work SHOULD be submitted ON TIME – BUT remember work submitted late is better than no work submitted at all.
Our Classroom Community Needs/WISH LIST:
Please see the “Supplies” page for student supplies this year.
From experience, facial tissue (Kleenex) and pencils are always in high need during the school year.
This year we will cover the following topics:
Quarter 1: Chemistry
- Atomic Structure, Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
- Physical & Chemical Properties and the Periodic Table
- Physical & Chemical Changes and the Law of Conservation of Mass
Quarter 2: Earth Science & Intro to Life Science
- The Rock Cycle
- Relative & Absolute Dating of Fossils
- Organism Change in Structure and Genetic Variation
- Microbes/Pathogens and Disease
Quarter 3: Life Science
- Population Factors and Symbiotic Relationships
- Energy Flow in Food Webs
- Biogeochemical Cycles
Quarter 4: Earth Science
- Types of Energy & Resources
- Distribution of Water on Earth
- Water Quality and Human Health